Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ten Years


Ten Years

It was ten years (yesterday) that I married an amazing man who I have fallen in love with more over the years. It is funny, when you get married you think there is no way you could love that person more and then life happens and you see their real character. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good but when you hit the valleys and come out of them, you realize again God's plan for your life and marriage. I would lie to say that David and I have never gone through difficulty with many things: relationship, health, childbirth, adoption and so on. What is so amazing is how when God is in the middle of it and we are listening he never wastes those difficulties without showing us how to be better and grow. It seems like yesterday that we got married, we were so young and very ignorant about what lie ahead in our marriage but sometimes I think it is easier not to know maybe how hard it will be. The good times are amazing and that is where we are at now, at this season. We have both changed over the years so much but because of our foundation we are able to support each others dreams and aspirations. Sooo...here is my shrine to David on our tenth anniversary. Ten things I absolutely love about him:


  • His Humor

  • His Compassion when I am sick

  • His Heart and willingness to change when needed

  • His love and devotion to spending time with his children, taking them on dates and building memories

  • His love for God

  • His love for his mom

  • His Hottness:)

  • His comments that embarrass be but make me feel like I am the hottest girl alive (he does wear glasses though hmmm.)

  • His genuine love for my family (well most of them ha, ha)

  • He kisses me and the kids everyday before he leaves and when he gets home

We spent our anniversary crying, watching 2 terrible movies that I picked, going to the grocery store and well you know:) Funny how things change when you have an overnight sitter. Errands are so fun together when you can hold another adults hand and you don't have to remind them not to run in the street!

P.S. I got an electric pencil sharpener and Label maker for my present, so hilarious but he knows me too well. I love very sharp pencils and I love to lable things. A diamond would have been ok too:)


Happy Super Bowl Weekend


Go Cardinals:)


A

No comments:

Post a Comment